This FAQ assumes you have already created a subweb.
1) Establish an active connection with your ISP (you MUST
online before beginning the publish process).
2) Open the web you wish to publish with FrontPage (on your
3) Select File | Publish Web. A dialogue box will appear
that will say
"Specify the location to publish your web to".
4) Enter http://www.domainname.com/subweb/ (replacing "subweb" with the name of your subweb).
5) Once the correct name is displayed for your location, click OK.
6) You will be prompted for your userid and FrontPage password if you< have not yet been connected to the server during this FrontPage session.
During the Publish process, you will notice in the left
hand corner of
FrontPage the pages listing, copying and then the web updating on the
If you do not publish in this manner, your pages will wind up in your root directory.
If your web is large and there is a great deal of traffic on the Internet, you may be timing out before the subweb is completely copied. If the above does not work for you, you can always open the web remotely (as explained above) and Import the pages from FP (File ... Import ...). Try to import one page at first to see if you can get it through cleanly. If that works, you can try importing several at a time until your site is copied.