1) Establish an active connection with your ISP (you MUST
online before beginning the publish process).
2) Open the web you wish to publish with FrontPage (on your
3) Select File | Publish Web. A dialogue box will appear
that will say
"Specify the location to publish your web to".
4) Enter http://www.domainname.com .
If you are publishing to the Root Web of your site, make
sure the field
contains ONLY the domain name. (e.g.
Anything following the domain name will cause
the files to
be published to a sub-web (or child web).
Should the name appear as
http://www.domainname.com/copy_of_web, REMOVE the "copy_of_" section
of the entry.
5) Once the correct name is displayed for your location, click OK.
6) You will be prompted for your userid and FrontPage password
have not yet been connected to the server during this FrontPage
During the Publish process, you will notice in the left
hand corner of
FrontPage the pages listing, copying and then the web updating on the
If your web is large and there is a great deal of traffic
Internet, you may be timing out before the web is completely copied. If
the above does not work for you, you can always open the web remotely
(as explained above) and Import the pages from FP (File ... Import ...).
Try to import one page at first to see if you can get it through
cleanly. If that works, you can try importing several at a time until
your site is copied.